The line between breakfast and dessert just got a lot more blurry with these dark, chocolaty Weiss Waffles that have a wonderful hazelnut crunch topped with fresh seasonal Strawberries.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs divided
- 1 ⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter or oil
- Weiss Crunchy Praline Spread
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine
- In a small bowl, mix egg yolks, milk and butter. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer on medium high speed until stiff peaks form. (See note)
- Add egg yolk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in egg whites.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto greased waffle iron, close the lid and cook about 3-5 minutes.
Top with Weiss Crunchy Praline Spread, Hazelnuts and fresh Strawberries before serving.
Beating the egg whites and folding them in makes the fluffiest waffles. This recipe can be made without beating the egg whites as well. If you do not beat the egg whites, reduce milk to 1 1/2 cups, and add whole eggs to the butter mixture.