Godiva Chocolate Tart
If awakening the domestic goddess/god within you is on YOUR resolution list this 2021, this tart is the place to start! Our Godiva tart calls for a more generous pastry shell to match the richness of the spread within. We're revealing our top secret Godiva ganache today so sit up and get ready to take some screenshots!
Godiva Ganache :
- 125 ml single fresh cream
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 125 g Godiva 85% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp strong coffee made with our Godiva ground coffee
- 100g Flour
- A pinch of Salt
- 60g Cold Butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp Cold Water
- 1 Tbsp vodka (or water)
Method for Tart :
- Using a fork or slow speed on a stand mixer, mix until it resembles sand.
- Add the cold water or vodka little at a time, mixing briefly till a dough forms. Do not over-mix.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough, line your pie tin and refrigerate for 10 mins. Add a piece of foil and raw beans (rajma) inside the tart (this acts like a weight and doesn't let it rise!) and bake at 180 for 12-15 minutes or until the edges brown. Remove the rajma and foil, and bake till the whole pie tart is golden brown.
While the Tart sets, we move on to the Ganache :
- Gently heat the cream and the sugar in a small pan. Once the cream has been brought to a simmer, remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Let the chocolate melt for 1 minute, then stir until smooth.
- Add the coffee to the pan and stir to combine. Pour the chocolate mixture onto the tart
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours, until set.
Chef's tip: the delicious chocolate and coffee tart filling can also be served on its own as a decadent dessert. Simply spoon into small glasses and chill until set before serving. It’s quite rich, so a little goes a long way! Your friends and family will thank you for a dessert that's sure to keep their tummy's happy-so be sure to take some photos and tag us!